Dear all,

The Linnean Society of London has just finished producing 13 educational videos. Links and descriptions for each of these videos can be found below. The Curious Cases of Carl Linnaeus; Life Underground and Clever Collections are the three series in the Linnean Learning Video Series. These videos explore the fascinating world of Carl Linnaeus, taxonomy and whole organism biology. The stories, specimens and objects, shared in these 13 videos are entirely unique to The Linnean Society of London.

The Curious Cases of Carl Linnaeus tells funny stories about his journey of scientific exploration. In this episode we learn about how the dragon, phoenix and even the hydra were once real, that was until at least Carl Linnaeus had something to say about it. We also learn about the ways in which we classify the natural world. 2 more videos in these series will be released later this year!

Clever Collections highlights the most important scientific artefacts owned by The Linnean Society of London. This video series shows how these priceless artefacts are still relevant to this very day. In this episode we learn about how Carl Linnaeus organised the natural world.

From a secret vault below the streets of London, Life Underground tells strange and mysterious stories about Carl Linnaeus’s specimens. In this episode we gain a fascinating insight into the complex behaviour of hermit crabs and their ongoing pursuit for larger and safer homes.

Please feel free to watch these videos and share them around you!

Kind regards

Ross Ziegelmeier

Dr Isabelle Charmantier

Deputy Collections Manager/Librarian

The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BF, UK

Tel: +44 (0)20 7434 4479 EXT 223 | www.linnean.org | Charity Reference No. 220509

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Linnean News