Dear Colleagues

If you are interested in issues around children’s screen content and forced migration, please can I draw your attention to our second Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) report on

Children’s Screen Content in an Era of Forced Migration: Facilitating Arab-European Dialogue – Documentaries, Distribution, Ethics

You can download it here.  The report is based on 2 Workshops held at the Danish Film Institute as part of the Copenhagen International Documentary Festival, CPH:DOX in March 2018.

You can also access our first report from the Children’s Global Media Summit in Manchester in December  here.

The aim of the project is to get European content producers, broadcasters, commissioning editors, regulators, advocates and others thinking about the media needs and wants of young children affected by forced migration – both children in families from Syria, Iraq and elsewhere, and those born in Europe who have watched them arrive. The aim is also to facilitate dialogue and, and to get this conversation going we have invited Arab stakeholders and experts to discuss European content for children that focuses on forced migration and more general issues of diversity and inclusion.

To find out more, including our forthcoming Symposium in London on 14th September, please visit our website https://euroarabchildrensmedia.org/london-symposium/.

Best wishes

Jeanette Steemers

Professor of Culture, Media &