From: Museums Computer Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Alec Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 30 April 2018 19:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MCG] MCG Museums+Tech 2018 Conference - Call for Proposals

Dear MCGers,

The annual Museums Computer Group Conference 'Museums+Tech 2018' will be held on Friday 19 October 2018 at the National Gallery, London. This year's theme: 'The collaborative museum'.

This will be a great opportunity to catch up on the latest developments and activities in the sector, as well as network with colleagues - so make sure to get the date in your diary and tell your colleagues.

The call for papers for the conference is open, and will close at 23:59 (London time) on Monday 21 May, 2018. We're keen to hear from practitioners, researchers, funders and those from related cultural heritage and technology sectors.

http://www.museumscomputergroup.org.uk/2018-call-for-proposals/

Our 2018 conference is asking whether digital in museums can open up our institutions to collaboration and democratisation. How can a collaborative and participatory approach to projects invite new audiences, bring higher quality content, and provide museums with important learning experiences? Can museums and technology help to create a progressively universalised museum with better access and broader audiences? Can it be the catalyst for active as opposed to passive participants?

The MCG's Museums+Tech 2018 conference seeks proposals for presentations addressing these issues. It's time to celebrate good work, and share ideas for helping museums do better. We're open to suggestions, but topics might include:

  *   Creating the participatory museum with community led/funded projects
  *   Digitisation of collections for open access
  *   Museum collaboration with academic institutions and industry: what can museums learn? What can museums teach?
  *   In house collaboration: How can digital contribute to creating a more cross-disciplinary approach to museums and culture?
  *   Museums as a network; collaborating with each other
  *   Museums as platforms, creating a more universal museum
  *   Open data and open source projects: being open to collaboration and supporting communities of practice
  *   The list continues on our website... http://www.museumscomputergroup.org.uk/2018-call-for-proposals/

The deadline for proposals is 23:59 (London time) on 21 May, 2018. Our international programme committee will review proposals over May and you should hear from us in mid-late June. We look forward to hearing everyone's great ideas. If you have any questions, please contact us through [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Best wishes,
Alec Ward (MCG Committee Member)

Alec Ward
Museum Development Officer Digital & Communications

020 7001 9861
museumoflondon.org.uk

 [cid:Twitter_logo_blk_1bd9ad11-5421-4620-8519-277edbe1bdee.jpg] <https://twitter.com/museumoflondon/>    [cid:FB-fLogo-blk_c4915e6c-c1bc-4fe6-bf2e-22bfa387b6cc.jpg] <https://www.facebook.com/museumoflondon/>    [cid:glyph-logo_blk_28572168-f0e7-4799-8ee0-eabbde8f9f9c.jpg] <https://instagram.com/museumoflondon/?hl=en>

Museum of London, No. 1 Warehouse
West India Quay, London, E14 4AL

Before printing, please think about the environment.

**************************************************************** website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/email-list/ ****************************************************************

YMWADIAD
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg a Saesneg, ac yn sicrhau y byddwn yn cyfathrebu â chi yn eich iaith ddewisol, boed yn Gymraeg, Saesneg neu’r ddwy, dim ond i chi ein hysbysu. Ni fydd gohebu yn Gymraeg yn peri oedi.
Mae pob neges e-bost a anfonir at neu gan Amgueddfa Cymru yn cael ei
sganio gan systemau diogelwch awtomatig. Sganiwyd y neges hon am firysau cyn ei hanfon, ond dylech hefyd wirio bod y neges, a phob atodiad ynddi, yn rhydd o firysau cyn ei defnyddio. Nid ydym yn derbyn cyfrifoldeb am unrhyw golled neu ddifrod o ganlyniad i agor y neges neu unrhyw atodiadau. Gall y neges hon ac unrhyw ffeiliau a atodir ynddi gynnwys gwybodaeth gyfrinachol a fwriadwyd ar gyfer y derbynnydd yn unig. Os ydych chi wedi derbyn y neges trwy gamgymeriad, hysbyswch ni a dileu’r neges. Safbwyntiau personol yr awdur a fynegir yn y neges hon, ac nid ydynt o reidrwydd yn cynrychioli safbwyntiau Amgueddfa Cymru. Nid ydym yn derbyn cyfrifoldeb am unrhyw wallau, llygredd neu esgeulustod a allai godi wrth drosglwyddo'r neges hon.

DISCLAIMER
We welcome correspondence in Welsh and English, and we will ensure that we communicate with you in the language of your choice, whether that’s English, Welsh or both if you let us know which you prefer. Corresponding in Welsh will not lead to any delay.
E-mail to and from Amgueddfa Cymru is scanned by automated security systems. This message was scanned for viruses before transmission, but you should also satisfy yourself that the message, and all attachments, are virus-free before use. We can accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that might arise from opening the message or any attachments. This message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended only for the recipient. If you receive the message by mistake please inform us and delete it. The views expressed in this message are the personal views of the author and may not necessarily represent those of Amgueddfa Cymru. We accept no liability for any errors, corruption or omissions that might arise in transmission of this message.

--
 Scanned by FuseMail.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg