Hi MCGers

One week to go to the start of the first ever Urban Tree Festival (18-20 May) in London for which MCGers contributed advice and pledges to our successful crowd funding campaign!

To say thanks to you all, we are doing a Festival Friday offer (rather than Black Friday - which sounds so grim) - we have 5 free tickets up for grabs at each of 6 events - listed below.

There is a whole range of other events taking place over the weekend, so as an alternative to "When Harry met Meghan" you could come out an enjoy the sunshine and trees in urban settings.

To get your hands on the free tickets, merely email me off list telling me which event you would like to come to - this offer closes midnight on Sunday 13 May.

Friday 18 May 12.45pm-1.45pm Mindfulness amongst Trees – led by Mel Sutton  Ruskin Park, London SE5 8EL – meet inside the Park at the Denmark Hill pedestrian gate. Read more..

Saturday 19 May 1.00pm-2.30pm Haiku in a Japanese Garden – creative writing walkshop – led by Andrew Stuck  Meet outside the ‘Cafe on the Rye’. SE15 3UA (within Peckham Rye Park) Read more..

Saturday 19 May 4.00pm-5.15pm Mindfulness in the city – led by Mel Sutton  St Giles in the Field, 60 St Giles High St. London WC2H 8LG Meet inside the garden entrance on St Giles Passage. Read more..

Sunday 20 May 11.15am-12.45pm Visualisation, Mindfulness and Movement walkshop – led by Mel Sutton  Red Cross Garden, 50 Redcross Way, London SE1 1HA Read more...

Sunday 20 May 2.00pm-3.30pm Tree or False? a tree-sure hunt – led by Andrew Stuck Meet under the guns (at the front of the Imperial War Museum SE1 6HZ) in Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Gardens Read more...

Sunday 20 May 5.00pm-6.30pm Haiku in Queen’s Wood – led by Andrew Stuck  Queen’s Wood Community Cafe, Queens Wood Lodge, 42 Muswell Hill Road, London, N10 3JP Read more...

Happy Friday (and apologies for those of you who have received this email already as you are a Gemmer too).

ANDREW STUCK
Walking Creative (TM)
Founding Director of the
Museum of Walking
0772 5555460
http://www.museumofwalking.org.uk
@museumofwalking

Producer - Talking Walking
http://www.talkingwalking.net

The Museum of Walking is a trading name of Rethinking Cities Ltd., registered in the UK number 5801458.

http://www.rethinkingcities.net
@RethinkCities
Join in the first ever Urban Tree Festival

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg