Dear all,

At the Open University Library each of our Librarians work within two or three functional/task-based teams rather than subject-based teams. We’re reflecting on how this is working and would like to hear from other libraries with functional teams. In particular, we’re interested in how you do capacity planning, prioritisation and allocation of workload over the functional areas.

I’m happy to summarise the responses and share with the list.

Many thanks in advance,

Helen

Helen Clough (FHEA) | Senior Library Manager

Library Services, Learning and Teaching Innovation

The Open University, Level 1, Betty Boothroyd Library, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 858469

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.