Hi everyone

We're getting an increasing number of requests for journal articles published in languages other than English. In some cases our requesters even acknowledge the article is not in English, and ask for it to be translated for them.

We don't provide a translation service at the moment, but I wondered, does anyone else out there do this?

If so, can you recommend a particular service?

How much does it cost?

Would you use any criteria to judge if the requester is entitled to this extra service, eg. a researcher, a member of teaching staff?

Are there any copyright implications you're aware of?

Just how useful would a translated version be from an academic perspective - would the reader be able to cite it?

Are there any other considerations?

Don't feel you have to answer all those questions - I'm mainly interested to know what other libraries' take on this issue is

Many thanks for your time

Best

Kip

Inter-Library Loans