Dear all,

I would be extremely grateful if you could please share details of this event with relevant colleagues/networks. Apologies for cross-posting.

State of the World's Fungi Symposium

13–14 September 2018

Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

Building on the success of RBG Kew's State of The World’s Plants project, we are pleased to announce the first international State of the World’s Fungi Symposium. The event coincides with the launch of a cutting-edge new report highlighting our current state of knowledge and the major issues affecting fungal diversity and abundance. The two-day symposium offers a platform to discuss issues raised in the report and to engage the scientific community, policymakers and public alike.

The symposium is based around seven topical questions, with each session comprising talks from invited experts followed by a panel Q&A to discuss the emerging issues:

  1.  Conservation of fungi: what, why, where and how?
  2.  Does all plant life depend on fungi?
  3.  And have you forgotten the lichens?
  4.  Do fungi provide a greater ecosystem service or disservice?
  5.  Fungal networking – who benefits?
  6.  Panning for gold in the mould: where do we find commercial value in fungi?
  7.  Exploring the dark taxa: when does a molecular signature become a species?

View the programme<https://www.kew.org/state-of-the-world’s-fungi-symposium-programme>

Call for abstracts

We are inviting abstract submissions from delegates wishing to present a poster accompanied by a one-minute oral presentation. Prizes will be awarded for the best student and early career researcher posters.

Deadline for abstracts: Thursday 9 August 2018

Register now for an early bird ticket

Early bird ticket: £150 (including VAT) – available until 8 June

Standard ticket: £192 (including VAT) – available 9 June to 13 August

The registration fee includes attendance, lunch and refreshments on both days, and a drinks reception during the poster session on 13 September.

For more information, to submit an abstract or to register for the meeting, please visit: www.kew.org/fungi-symposium<http://www.kew.org/fungi-symposium>.

Very best wishes,

Mimi

Dr Mimi Tanimoto

Project Manager - State of the World's Fungi Symposium

Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

Richmond, Surrey TW9 3AE

www.kew.org/fungi-symposium<http://www.kew.org/fungi-symposium>

[cid:1051abe1-57dc-4e5b-904a-1a681ea5eeb1]

The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is a non-departmental public body with exempt charitable status, whose principal place of business is at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3AE, United Kingdom.

The information contained in this email and any attachments is intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please return it immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this email or in any attachment.

Any views expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of RBG Kew.

Any files attached to this email have been inspected with virus detection software by RBG Kew before transmission, however you should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments. RBG Kew accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses.