italian-studies: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies I have already signed.

Inviato da iPad

Il giorno 28 mag 2018, alle ore 09:22, Mussgnug, Florian <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:

Dear colleagues,

nearly two years ago, many members of this list chose to sign an open letter to the Italian Prime Minister, asking the Italian government to act in solidarity with British nationals in Italy and EU citizens in the UK.

Dramatic events in Italy may now call for a similar response. If you share President Sergio Mattarella's belief that preserving Italy's place in the Eurozone is essential to the wellbeing of Italians, please consider signing this petition, which ask you to state your support for the President's decision to refuse the nomination of a Eurosceptic finance minister:

http://www.progressi.org/iostoconmattarella

If you hold a different view, please consider making yourself heard in the appropriate ways. This is a matter of significant concern not only for those who believe strongly in the European project, but for anybody who takes interest in contemporary Italy. For this reasons, please forgive me for addressing this message to a mailing list that is reserved to the academic study of Italy.

Thank you for your comprehension and best wishes,

Florian

-------
Dr Florian Mussgnug
Reader in Italian and Comparative Literature
Academic Director, UCL Comparative Literature Programme
School of European Languages, Culture and Society
University College London

Research Fellow
British School at Rome

Sep 2017-Sep 2018

Co-Investigator: "Interdisciplinary Italy"

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies