I do understand the temptation when budgets are tight to go with less experienced people (students for example), however I always think it’s a lost opportunity – its sets the bar for payment low and makes it harder for professionals to be paid fairly for their work. When done by someone who has professional experience putting together content for a specific purpose you’ll have a high quality images that you can use to advocate for your practise year on year, not just for that event- so it’s an investment, really.

My partner’s a videographer so I could really harp on about the fair payment of professional photographers/videographers all day (but I won’t don’t worry)!

Oh actually one more thing (I lied) – if you do only have a small budget that really won’t stretch, it’s often better to tell the photographer what your budget is first and if they’re keen they can work around it – putting together a quote can take time.

Best,

Rosie

Rosie Mitchell

Learning Coordinator

02078062510

We're all about craft in the UK - if you love craft support us today

Sign up to the Crafts Council eNewsletter

Twitter

Facebook

Pinterest

YouTube

Facebook

Crafts Council, 44a Pentonville Road London N1 9BY
Phone: +44 (0)20 7806 2500
Fax: +44 (0)20 7837 6891

www.craftscouncil.org.uk
Crafts Council Registered Charity Number: 280956