Dear GEM colleagues,
I am delighted to be able to invite you to an exclusive Private View of our new exhibitions and transformed site at the RAF Museum, Hendon on Tuesday 26 June 2018. This day is exclusively for museum colleagues to come and see these transformations (aka 'have a professional nose'!) before we open to the public on Saturday 30 June.
2018 marks the Centenary of the Royal Air Force, and the RAF Museum is celebrating and commemorating this anniversary through a major, multi-million-pound transformation of the visitor experience which prioritises the telling of RAF stories. Our new, innovative galleries explore the first 100 years of the RAF, its roles today and invite visitors to imagine its future contribution and technology.
As well as new exhibitions, we have a new Learning Centre, and staff from the Access & Learning team will be available throughout the day to talk about the new STEM and Heritage Learning Programme and show / demonstrate some of the extended learning offer. So why not...

  *   Come and have a go on our new Interactive Debate Table, which will be used to facilitate whole-class debates about the future of Artificial Intelligence
  *   Find out just what Mr Potato Head has to do with pilots staying alive in the air
  *   Test your reaction times in a preview of our new coding workshop for KS2
  *   Meet the star performer of our new Secondary outreach drama 'Pilots of the Caribbean' and see how we intend telling the stories of African and Caribbean RAF personnel
  *   Handle some of the fascinating objects from our extensive Handling Collection and find out how these are used in schools' workshops
  *   Discover the role of a wobble board in our new adult talk about medical evacuation
  *   Take a look around our Learning Centre and envy at the spaces created for rocket launches and parachute drops (note: of the make-and-take, not full-size variety!)
If you would like to attend please click here to register for a free ticket<https://royalairforcemuseum.digitickets.co.uk/events/15400?catID=13787&branches.branchID=353>. The Museum will email you further information about the day and any talks, tours and activities taking place nearer the time.
Hoping you can come and see what we have been up to. We look forward to welcoming you.
Kind Regards
The RAF Museum's Access & Learning team

p.s. The Museum is within easy reach of Central London. Northern Line to Colindale tube station, then a 10 minute walk (well signposted from the station).

Sarah Castle
Learning Partnerships Manager
Royal Air Force Museum, Grahame Park Way, London, NW9 5LL
Tel: 020 8358 4851
Website: www.rafmuseum.org<http://www.rafmuseum.org>

[Facebook]<https://facebook.com/rafmuseum> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/rafmuseum>  [Youtube] <https://youtube.com/rafmuseum>  [Instagram] <https://instagram.com/rafmuseum>  [TripAdvisor] <http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186338-d215615-Reviews-The_Royal_Air_Force_Museum_London-London_England.html>

[https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/images/email_signature/2018-RAF-100-Signature-FINAL-v2-(002).jpg]

Please Note: This e-mail and its attachments may be confidential. If they have come to you in error; please reply to this e-mail and let us know. We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail is free from any virus, though we advise the recipient should take their own steps to confirm this.

Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]:

Join GEM Firstname Secondname

Include only the text above, without email signature etc.   The title of the email doesn’t matter.   Send it to [log in to unmask]

If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message:

Set GEM nomail

When you get back:

Set GEM mail

You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above.

Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this:

CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask]