Dear FSL users,

I used SIENA to measure PBVC based on 3D-T1 images taken 12 months apart in people with MS. The results I got seem in line with what have been published so far, i.e., in all patients but one PBVCs are in the range of 0.7% to - 1.5%. In that one patient, PBVC is -5%; on inspection of the SIENA report and the intermediate images everything seems alrigt. The change in brain volume is visible with the naked eye as well, becasue the vetricles have enlraged considerably.

De Stefano et al. observed PBVC of about 0.5% to -2%. Based on these data, PBVC of -5% seems far beyond a plausible value (Fig. 2. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4717444/)
Jasperse et al. observed a mean PBVC of about -1.6% with one standard deviation "touching" 3.5%. Based on these data, PBVC of -5% falls within the +/- 2 SDs.

Have you seen yearly PBVC values of around -5%?

Best wishes,
Lukasz