From: Announcement list for BASEES members
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Maguire, Muireann
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BASEES-MEMBERS] Survey: Attitudes towards digital culture and
technology in the Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)

Dear all,
I have been asked to circulate this survey (see link below) on behalf of Dr
Renata Brendao (KCL), who is carrying out research within an AHRC-funded
(OWRI) project.
Best wishes,
Muireann Maguire

** Apologies for cross-posting **

As part of the AHRC-funded (OWRI) ‘Language Acts & Worldmaking’ project, we
are conducting a survey on attitudes towards digital culture and technology
in the Modern Foreign Languages, with attention to both theory and practice.
We would be very interested to hear about your experiences and invite you to
take part in our survey. The survey is aimed at people with any level of
digital expertise, and whose work involves Modern Foreign Languages in any
role (whether that be as researcher, learner, teacher, funder, policy-maker,
digital practitioner, cultural practitioner or other).

For most participants, the survey will take about 15 minutes. For those who
have strong involvement in digital theory or practice, you will be offered
additional optional questions which might make the survey longer.

We will analyse the survey results for future presentation and publication –
all results will be anonymised- and will present initial findings in the
coming year.

This survey is part of a research project called ‘Modern Foreign Languages
Research: Digital Mediations’ which was submitted to, and approved by, the
King’s College Research Ethics committee under its Minimal Ethical Risk
Registration Process (REC Reference Number: MR/17/18-280).

The survey will be open until 31st May 2018

If you have any questions, please contact Paul Spence at
Link to survey:
<https://kings.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/attitudes-towards-dc-in-mfl>
https://kings.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/attitudes-towards-dc-in-mfl

Many thanks
Paul Spence and Renata Brandão
King’s College London

For more information about our research, see
<https://languageacts.org/digital-mediations/>
https://languageacts.org/digital-mediations/

--
Dr Renata Brandao
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Digital Humanities

King's College London
Room S4.02 | Strand Building
LONDON WC2B 5RL

Tel +44(0)20 7848 1848 (Tue-Thu)