Hello everyone,

I am a learning officer for the National Museum of the Royal Navy here in Portsmouth, we are currently looking at how we can use skype as part of our formal learning offer to work with schools who might necessarily be able to visit our historic ships (HMS Victory, M.33 and HMS Warrior) and museums here in Portsmouth and Gosport and more widely across the UK. We have tried a number of sessions before with varying results but would like to offer this on a more regular basis.

I was wondering if you could advise whether using  Skype attracts schools to book especially those who can’t travel to your site due to distance and cost?

What are the pros and cons of using it as part of your formal learning offer?

How do you structure your sessions

Any pricing structures used ? is there a charge for this

how popular is it?

how do you market your skype offer to schools and other learning groups

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dan

Daniel Ball​
Engagement and Learning Officer
T: 	02392 891370	Ext: 	2014

W: 	www.nmrn.org.uk

DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET