Ellen and I biked in NZ early in our marriage, even though we are a mixed
marriage - she is from Oklahoma
city and I am from Birmingham UK. My mother was born in  Auckland and my
father spent much of his early life in Christchurch. A nice guy whom we
hardly knew lent us his super tandem.  We were a little fearful in advance
of all the bridge crossings carrying a railway plus motor vehicles going in
both directions. But there is so little traffic and people in general are
friendly and law-abiding that we never had a moment's concern.  Except for
the downhills on the Crown Range:   you need to keep your speed down and
preferably use disk brakes.

Dave Wilson

David Gordon (Dave) Wilson
Email: [log in to unmask];
21 Winthrop Street WINCHESTER MA 01890-2851, USA; Ph.: 781 729 2203