From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Toby Hills
Sent: Wednesday, 09 May 2018 16:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Commercial charges Environmental Information Regulations 2014

On a similar note - I received a letter from the EA yesterday stating that they would now be charging VAT on planning advice.....

extract below

" The Environment Agency has reviewed the HM Revenue and Customs guidance published specifically for public bodies.  We have concluded that our hourly charges for voluntary pre-planning advice fall within the scope of VAT.  This is in line with the voluntary pre-planning advice services provided by Natural England and local authorities. Consequently, we have had to amend our Standard Terms to reflect this position on VAT. "