Dear All

I would like to bring these workshops to your attention for two reasons. Firstly because they will be a great opportunity for all of us to learn, or develop our thinking around an important approach. Secondly because we need your help to embed these approaches in our settings and our communities. Please take a look, please come to one of (or both of!) the worshops, and please circulate these flyers amongst your networks.

The Tree of Life is a collective narrative approach for responding to trauma and was devised by Ncazelo Ncube-Milo and David Denborough. The Tree of Life was originally developed in Zimbabwe as a response to the trauma experienced by children who had lost family members to HIV AIDS. Since then it has gone on to be used in a variety of contexts with a range of populations. The approach supports people in developing their own narrative in context and in working at a level above the individual. As such it is a contextualising and collectivising approach with a potentially transformative effect on how people are supported in response to trauma.

Ncazelo will be presenting at two events in Birmingham in July. On the 5th July Ncazelo, together with Julie Fraser who has implemented the approach in patient settings at the South London and Maudsley Trust, will present a Tree of Life workshop. This work shop is aimed at NHS staff, including those who work in inpatient settings.

On the 6th July Ncazelo will present to an audience of community groups and community workers from both statutory and non-statutory services. This workshop will cover the Tree of Life approach, as well as her COURRAGE and Narratives in the Suitcase approaches.

The flyers for both events are attached below.

These workshops are of great relevance for psychologists in the UK who are looking to expand their practice beyond individual work and/or want to encourage co-production with the people they work with.

If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch, either with me through the list (or using my own email [log in to unmask]), or using the contact details in the flyers.

Best wishes

Carl

___________________________________ The list is jointly managed by David Fryer [log in to unmask] and Grant Jeffrey [log in to unmask], either of whom are able to deal with queries. To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK