Hi Robert,

CCPN use the equations from the Vanderbilt website.

Use the 9th equation down form protein-ligand. The longest equation is for monomer-dimer binding.

Cheers,

Ken

Senior NMR Scientist

Drug Discovery Programme

CRUK Beatson Institute

Garscube Estate

Switchback Road

Bearsden

Scotland G61 1BD

Tel: 0141 330 6410

cid:part1.E2E44AD7.4CA08CF6@sky.com

Sent: 08 May 2018 09:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Kd from chemical shift analysis

Hi Robert,

Yes CCPNmr Analysis v2.x can hep you do this easily. Before you try fitting the data, evaluate whether you have data that will actually be worth fitting - do the chemical shifts titrate with increasing ligand concentration and follow what appears to be a saturation process, i.e. do they initially shift a lot for small ligand additions, but then you reach a ligand concentration beyond which you see no further changes?

For the actual procedure, some of this is covered in the analysis beginners course tutorial part 2

https://www.ccpn.ac.uk/v2-software/software/tutorials/analysis-beginners/beginners-analysis-2

but not in much detail - partly because it's quite simple. In outline:

If everything works well, for your chosen peaks, you can get braver and pick more peaks and even try trusting Follow Shift Changes to propagate the assignments for you, but this can get messy, so be sure to Archive your project before attempting anything risky.

Dr. Brian O. Smith --------------------------- Brian Smith at glasgow ac uk
Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology & School of Life Sciences,
          College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences,
  Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK.
Tel: 0141 330 5167/6459/3089