Dear all,

The new version of OneDep released today improves the process of data
replacement for PDB and EMDB entries, prior to their release. This
updated process ensures that all new data are checked and validated
before the new files are merged into the deposition session. A new
validation report is produced at each data update. It must be carefully
reviewed, and any highlighted issues should be inspected. The report
must be accepted by the depositor prior to re-submission of the data to
the archive. These changes ensure that any previous data is not
accidentally removed in the process of replacement and also enables more
efficient biocuration of the new files due to the reduction in file
replacement errors. Any major data errors or data inconsistencies
between versions are displayed for review by the depositor so that these
can be rectified prior to resubmission. Overall, these changes should
improve the quality of the data and the transparency of the file
replacement process. If you have any questions or feedback regarding the
new file replacement process then please log into your deposition
session and contact wwPDB via the communication tab.

In addition, we are also making sure that we are open and clear about
how we handle personal data in OneDep. We have updated the wwPDB privacy
policy to comply with the changes brought by the  European Union data
protection law (GDPR).  If you have any questions about this privacy
policy, please send them to [log in to unmask]