Hi Veronica,

I'm not familiar with the Äkta Explorer but these older systems used to
have dedicated control cards.

Is the card also damaged? It is perhaps cheaper to purchase a used PC
with PCI slots where you can plugin the card. Obviously, you will need
to install the software and drivers.

If your disk is OK it might be possible to transfer the contents
directly to a new PC.

Hope this helps,

Pedro Matias

--

Industry and Medicine Applied Crystallography
Macromolecular Crystallography Unit

email : [log in to unmask]

http://www.itqb.unl.pt/research/biological-chemistry/industry-and-medicine-applied-crystallography
http://www.itqb.unl.pt/labs/macromolecular-crystallography-unit

Mailing address :
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica António Xavier
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Av. da República
2780-157 Oeiras
PORTUGAL

ITQB NOVA, a great choice for your PhD
https://youtu.be/de6j-aaTWNQ

Master Programme in Biochemistry for Health
https://youtu.be/UKstDCFjYI8