Greetings All, on this warm and sunny evening.  Come and join us for this Windrush inspired commemorative………

SPECIAL EVENT in the V&A sackler centre

Friday, 8 June 2018, 18.00 – 21.45.  All tickets £3.00.

To book call +44 (0)20 7942 2000 or go to https://goo.gl/ddffts

The Victoria and Albert Museum presents…….

Passport to the Motherland-Migration Dreams

In the midst of the current immigration traumas, share stories of race and nation,

and remember 70 years of sacrifice and achievement,

against a soundtrack delivered by Mistah Brown on the decks for Trojan Records,

with special guest Norman Jay MBE.

·         Friday, 8 June 2018Tickets cost £3.00

Passport to the Motherland- Migration Dreams  photo

Explore the 'colonial dream' of a better way of life from 'home' and those who were loved and left behind, many never to be reunited. Through creative interaction, displays, talks and performances, unpack this timely discourse of migration and survival and immerse yourself in creative Caribbean nostalgia.

//

In celebration of the exhibition Ocean Liners: Speed and Style.
Commemorates the 70th Anniversary of the SS Windrush, and the 1948 British Nationality Act.

//
Image credit: Charlie Phillips, 'Notting Hill Couple', 1967. Museum no. E.264-2011. © Charlie Phillips/ Victoria and Albert Museum, London. Supported by the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund.

//
Should you not wish to receive these emails in future please contact me via [log in to unmask] and ask to be unsubscribed.  New GDPR guidelines come into effect on 25 May 2018. For further information about our Privacy Policy go to https://www.vam.ac.uk/info/privacy-policy

SPECIAL EVENT in the V&A sackler centre

Friday, 8 June 2018, 18.00 – 21.45.  All tickets £3.00.

To book call +44 (0)20 7942 2000 or go to https://goo.gl/ddffts

I look forward to catching up with you again on Friday 8 June.

Janet B.

Janet Browne
Programme Manager African Heritage and Culture
Learning Department
Victoria & Albert Museum
Cromwell Road
London
SW7 2RL

Direct Line: 020 7942 2184
Email: [log in to unmask]

Please note that I work part-time at the V&A and my usual days are Wed PM, all day Thursday and Friday

Ocean Liners: Speed and Style
Until 17 June 2018 at V&A South Kensington
Sponsored by Viking Cruises
Book now on vam.ac.uk/oceanliners
See the exhibition for free if you join as a V&A Member vam.ac.uk/members

Century of the Child: Nordic Design for Children 1900 to Today
Until 2nd September 2018
V&A Museum of Childhood, Bethnal Green
Admission free

Keep in touch
Sign up for V&A e-newsletters V&A e-newsletters
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.

All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of The Victoria and Albert Museum or its affiliates.

The Victoria and Albert Museum accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus. Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL, Tel: 0207 942 2000