Date:    Wed, 16 May 2018 13:03:58 +0100
From:    MSherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: BBC History Magazine June 2018

No articles of relevance to us except for Michael Wood's 'CommNet' piece:
Immigration: "Many who arrived on the Windrush had risked their lives for
Britain".

He quotes from

Bristol's first black ward-sister, the community leader Princess Campbell,
interviewed in our    series The Great British Story'. "... We were the
former imperial power and everyone living in Britain had benefited from the
empire - except, those who had lost their lives." To ignore those facts now,
70 years on, is not only to misrepresent our laws, it is also to
misunderstand the meaning of our history.

Articles are:

Black Death Horrors

Georgian parenting guide

Arnhem: a disaster in the planning

A history of dentistry

The woman who crushed the Vikings

Europe's Apocalypse (the war between Catholics and Protestants)