Dear Peter,

> Have you thought of studying poetry without any recourse to vocabulary beyond it except your own?

Study, no. Sorry for upsetting you, I'll stop.

Luke

On 30 May 2018 at 00:31, Peter Riley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 30 May 2018, at 12:00 am, BRITISH-IRISH-POETS automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Don't suppose anyone wants to comment on the "evil in the neoromantic
lyric"? Pretentious, but seems only a musician could say it.

No, one doesn’t, nor on the “evil” of ordinary communicative language in other departments of chair-lift. It was ever the habit of disgraced monks to sit in cellars devising new reasons for denunciation of all that is ordinary and pleasant as “very nasty indeed`”.

So what kind of a musician is this? Evidently one who thinks and has been to Sunday school; ordinary (practising) musicians would just say “song”. (Note semi-colon there. They are very useful and nothing to do with bowel diseases.)

Have you thought of studying poetry without any recourse to vocabulary beyond it except your own?

To unsubscribe from the BRITISH-IRISH-POETS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BRITISH-IRISH-POETS&A=1