Hi

We’re trying to get some very quick feedback on staff / students views of Blackboard – and to present it as an open question, requiring a comment to be put in.

The ideal would be something on the landing page for all staff / students once they’ve logged in  - but, of course, it’s not as straightforward as I had hoped

1: Enterprise surveys let me create an open question (255 character option) – that was easy … BUT the only way to notify people within blackboard was via the little red numbers at the top; many (most??) people seem to ignore them. I can’t see a way to link to the survey in any other way. [Don’t want to email them – just something that appears when they’re in Blackboard]

2: The modules include a quick poll module BUT … it’s only for multiple choice, not for open questions.

3: I vaguely contemplated a Survey, BUT, I couldn’t see a way of doing that out with a course.

4: I thought about Microsoft forms … BUT we’ve not had that enabled in our Office 365 set up yet.

5: Contemplating Google forms … (though we won’t then be able to stop people filling it up multiple times.

Any other things I’ve not thought about???

Emma

Emma Duke-Williams

Educational Technologist

CTIL