Dear colleagues,

We're looking for a new archives assistant to come help our friendly team achieve their goals. It's almost summer holiday time so please squeeze 'apply for job at RCN' onto your holiday to do list right between 'buy sun-cream' and 'learn useful phrases in local lingo' and we may see you in June.

Thanks
Fiona and team

At the Royal College of Nursing we’re an optimistic organisation. And we’ve got good reason to be. We all share the same voice when it comes to changing the shape of the health policies of the future. And as the largest trade union of nursing staff and students in the UK – with around 435,000 members – all we can see are the infinite possibilities for a brighter future. Join us and you will too.

We’re number 30 in The Sunday Times 100 Best Not for Profit Organisations to work for, with Best Companies Accreditation for 2015 and are accredited with Investors in People Gold Standard.

Archive Assistant, Library and Archive Service
Based in Edinburgh. £23,454 pro rata. 17.5 hours per week, Permanent.

As our Archive Assistant, you’ll use your enthusiasm, your positivity and your sector knowledge to deliver an exceptional service to our members.
In this varied role every day will be filled with possibilities. You will get involved in anything from helping our members find resources to assisting with enquiries. We'll look to you to help care for the collections, assist with events and give outstanding customer service and, as part of an organisation which has recently been accredited with the Customer Service Excellence standard. It's a great way to build on your skills and experience and develop your potential.

As Archive Assistant, you’ll influence how our Archive Accredited service runs whilst also contributing to the supervision of our team of volunteers.

What we offer you

We expect you to look after your customers. And we expect you to be rewarded for it. As well as a whole range of learning and development opportunities we can also offer you an impressive range of benefits. We have a highly competitive pay structure, and pro rata annual leave of up to 32 days.

To join us you’ll need enquiry handling skills and, ideally, a background in a relevant area such as archives or heritage services. Whatever your background, you'll be efficient, accurate and show a real customer focus in all you do.

To succeed at the Royal College of Nursing all you need to do is think bigger, better and brighter. And with an attitude like that, anything’s possible.

To apply go to the RCN Careers website at https://careers.rcn.org.uk/apply-now/current-vacancies

For more information or for an informal discussion please contact Fiona Bourne, Archive Manager on 0131 662 6155.

Closing Date: 13th June 2018
Assessment Centre Date: 22 June 2018
Interview Date: 22 June 2018