Dear all

We have a vacancy at University of Exeter.

Archivist, Middle East Archives, University of Exeter
Closing Date 21/05/2018
Salary starting at £26,495 per annum on Grade E
Job reference: P61375

This new full-time post is available from 6 August 2018 on a fixed term basis until 31 July 2020.

Heritage Collections sits within the Library on the University's Exeter Streatham Campus and you will join a talented and committed team with wide-ranging professional skills. Colleagues in the team currently manage three curatorial areas:  Archives and Rare Books, the Bill Douglas Cinema Museum and art collections with a campus sculpture trail. The cataloguing role is based in the Special Collections team with two other project cataloguers. For more information on the Special Collections see our website here: https://as.exeter.ac.uk/special-collections/

You will be an enthusiastic archivist with experience in cataloguing archives relating to the Middle East, and demonstrable written skills in either Arabic or Kurdish. You will be cataloguing up to 12 Middle East archive collections, and will also assess the archives' preservation requirements.  Duties will include publicising the archives and there may also be an opportunity to direct the work of students and/or volunteers assigned to the cataloguing project and assist in seminars and teaching with the contents of the archives, subject to teaching schedules.
The University offers some fantastic benefits including 41 days leave per year, options for flexible working, numerous discounts at leading retailers, an onsite gym, a cycle to work scheme and a stunning campus environment in the heart of Exeter.  If you are not currently in Exeter please have a look at our website<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/thesouthwest> for some further information on what a beautiful part of the country we are based in.

To view the Job Description and Person Specification document please click here <http://www.admin.ex.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/P61375.pdf>

For further information, please contact Dr Christine Faunch on email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or telephone 01392 723879.

Interviews are expected to take place on 7th June.

Dr Christine Faunch
Head of Heritage Collections
University of Exeter
Please note my work pattern is Mondays-Thursdays
(0)1392 723879, e. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Old Library, Prince of Wales Road, Exeter, Devon, EX4 4SB
[http://www.exeter.ac.uk/codebox/email-sig/staff-sig.gif]
This email and any attachment may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or subject to copyright, and which may be exempt from disclosure under applicable legislation. It is intended for the addressee only. If you received this message in error, please let me know and delete the email and any attachments immediately. The University will not accept responsibility for the accuracy/completeness of this email and its attachments.