In Dutcher's contemporary restaging, the settler is removed from the equation and he plays the part of both the subject and the anthropologist. Dutcher, an artist, musicologist and a member of the Tobique First Nation in New Brunswick, has spent the past several years studying and transcribing archival recordings of Wolastoq songs (Tobique is one of many Wolastoq communities). Among the products of that work are the 11-songs on Wolastoqiyik Lintuwakonawa and a tour across Canada that will see him performing at St. Matthew's Church on Friday May 11.

http://bit.ly/2Ix135t
http://bit.ly/2Ix135t+

--
Peterk