This refers to the article by Gamini Akmeemana (Daily Mirror, April, 23rd) on the Department of National Archives under its new Director General, Dr. Nadeera Rupesinghe.

For well over a century the archives had functioned under the Chief Secretary of the colonial administration. It is easy, now, to see why that was the arrangement preferred by the Brits: a few months ago it emerged that the British Archives at Kew had, in effect, been looted by senior public servants in order to remove evidence of the atrocities on which the, ha-ha,‘British Colonial Heritage’ was founded. Consequently that office here was headed not by a ‘Director’ or, perish the thought, a ‘Director General’ but by ‘The Government Archivist’.

http://bit.ly/2rzQ1oL
http://bit.ly/2rzQ1oL+

--
Peterk