Sent: 11 May 2018 14:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: bud / seed ID query

Hi Wendy, that is a great reference I have been searching exactly that type of book.
Best wishes
Kath
Sent from my iPhone

On 11 May 2018, at 11:19, Wendy Smith (Classics Ancient History and Archaeology) <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Chas & list members:

I have to admit I haven't found Tomlinson's guide that helpful - more help for fragments I think than complete, well-preserved intact buds.

I have stumbled across this German book - now translated into English:

Schulz, B.  2018  Identification of Trees and Shrubs in Winter using Buds and Twigs.  London:  Royal Botanic Garden Kew.

available via NHBS:  https://www.nhbs.com/identification-of-trees-and-shrubs-in-winter-using-buds-and-twigs-book

700 European Tree taxa covered.

Hope that helps.

Wendy Smith BA MSc PhD
Honorary Research Fellow
Department of Classics, Ancient History & Archaeology
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT