As you will no doubt be aware, the General Data Protection Regulation
(GDPR) comes into effect on 25th May 2018, with the aim of protecting
individuals from privacy and data breaches. As a professional Society which
believes in the fundamental good and ethical use of data, we welcome these
changes.

We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our supporters and we are
emailing you now to explain how we will handle your personal data.

We will hold your personal data (name and email address) to send you via
email notices and information of our activities. This information is
provided as legitimate interest. We will not share your data with any third
parties and we will delete your data when you leave the Section mailing
list. Should you wish no longer to receive emails regarding the Section
please let us know by replying to [log in to unmask] We store your
personal data securely and we ensure that there is no unauthorised access.

You are entitled at any time to request to see a copy of all the data held
on you, if you wish to see this please email your request to
[log in to unmask] The Section is part of The Royal Statistical Society
and their data protection office is contactable at [log in to unmask]

--

*Message sent on behalf of the RSS History of Statistics Section*

Visit us online:

~ Twitter: @HistoryofStats <https://twitter.com/HistoryofStats>

~ Facebook: The History Section of the Royal Statistical Society
<https://www.facebook.com/HistoryofStats/>

Email us: [log in to unmask]

SIGNOFF allstat