I support Alison on this, I get almost daily emails about meetings, often
with impenetrable sets of initials.  Posters should spell it out.  RSS and
ASA members can refer to Significance, October 2017, p44, for a column
making this point by "Dr. Fisher".

Martin

On 2 May 2018 at 12:33, Macfarlane, Alison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Thank you to those who responded to me offline with the name of the
> organisation holding this workshop. In case I am not the only ignoramus,
> these are the answers I got:
>

> International Society for Bayesian Analysis.
>
> ISBA stands for The International Society for Bayesian Analysis - for
> more, please see https://bayesian.org/
>
> It's the International Society of Bayesian Analysis, j-ISBA stands for
> junior ISBA.
>
> No problem; International Society for Bayesian Arithmetics.
>

> Alison Macfarlane
>
> You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
>
> SIGNOFF allstat
>
> to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.

J. Martin Bland
Prof. of Health Statistics Emeritus
Dept. of Health Sciences
Seebohm Rowntree Building
University of York
Heslington
York YO10 5DD

Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 01904 321334     Fax: 01904 321382
Web site: http://martinbland.co.uk/

Statement by the University of York:
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely
for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based
upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the
sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Any views or
represent those of The University of York.

SIGNOFF allstat