Please join us for a series of Ash Walks in 2018

The ash tree is the most common tree in the Kent Downs but in 2012, ash dieback (caused by the fungal pathogen Hymenoscyphus fraxineus) was discovered in the U.K., and the disease has rapidly spread. Ash dieback is untreatable and could see the demise of up to 98% of these trees over the next decade.

The Ash Project is a collective cultural response to ash dieback asking how we might mark and celebrate ash trees in light of the threats they face. In 2018,
The Ash Project is working in partnership with Whitstable Biennale to present a series of artists’ walks. Curator Rose Thompson has devised four walks in collaboration with artists, encouraging different ways of looking at and exploring the landscape in Kent.

The first of the 2018 Ash Walks will be held on 28 April. All of the walks are free and open to all to attend, but as spaces are limited, we recommend booking in advance - please follow the links below to book on each individual walk. Please note, each walk is at least two hours long and takes place through uneven countryside terrain. For any queries, please email
.

http://www.theashproject.org.uk/the-ash-walks-hannah-lees/

http://www.theashproject.org.uk/the-ash-walks-the-walking-reading-group/

http://www.theashproject.org.uk/the-ash-walks-adam-chodzko/