Dear Colleagues,

We will be teaching the following one-week courses at MIT this summer:

Discrete Choice Analysis, June 18 - 22, 2018

<http://professional.mit.edu/programs/short-programs/discrete-choice-analysi
s>
http://professional.mit.edu/programs/short-programs/discrete-choice-analysis

Discrete choice models are widely applied in areas such as transportation,
energy, health, marketing, economics, environmental sciences, and more.
Deep understanding of the underlying theoretical foundations and statistical
methods is necessary to avoid making mistakes.  The course is designed for
modelers who wish to acquire in-depth understanding and need "to get it
right."  It combines mathematical presentation with intuitive
interpretation, theory with hands-on real data practice, and behavioral
reasoning with detailed statistical analysis.

One full-tuition scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding doctoral
student. The deadline to apply for the full scholarship is May 1st. Partial
(50%) tuition scholarships are also available for junior faculty, postdocs,
and doctoral students.

Modeling and Simulation of Transportation Networks, July 23 - 27, 2018

<http://professional.mit.edu/programs/short-programs/modeling-simulation-tra
nsportation-networks>
http://professional.mit.edu/programs/short-programs/modeling-simulation-tran
sportation-networks

We are witnessing a proliferation of interest in Intelligent Transportation
Systems (ITS) and Smart Mobility in all levels of government and industry.
This course draws heavily on the results of recent research and is sponsored
by the ITS Lab of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.  It combines
theory and practice and covers the models and simulators developed by
researchers for use in the planning, design, and operations of freight and
passenger transportation systems.

One full-tuition scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding doctoral
student in the Modeling and Simulation Course with an application deadline
of June 15th. Partial (50%) tuition scholarships are also available for
junior faculty, postdocs, and doctoral students in both courses.

We would appreciate your help in making people aware of these unique
opportunities to study this summer at MIT.

Thanks,

Moshe