 Apologies for cross-posting

Prof Dan Trudeau (Macalester) and Dr Susan Moore (UCL) are putting together a new entry in the Oxford Bibliographies http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/page/subject-list

on the NEW URBANISM.

We would be very appreciative of any suggestions for scholarly published works pertaining to the New Urbanism. The audience for this entry is largely perceived to be undergraduate students and will provide a baseline introduction to the literature on New Urbanism, emerging from the early 1990s through to the present. We are particularly interested in publications engaging with the mobility of the movement, demonstrating the empirical ‘reach’ of its influence on development and planning principles, policy and practices throughout the world. The coverage of New Urbanism in scholarly press spans the cognate disciplines of urban planning, urban design/architecture, urban sociology and urban geography, and we are keen to engage with all-of-the-above (and still others, which might be suggested). Perspectives on New Urbanism’s influence and implications are varied and often divisive – those promotive of the movement and those critical of it. We want to provide a brief synopsis of both and the main ideological cleavages underwriting them.

Please don’t reply to the whole listserv, but send your suggestions directly to either one of us:

Susan Moore  [log in to unmask]

Dan Trudeau [log in to unmask]

We look forward to hearing your recommendations.

Dr. Susan Moore
Senior Lecturer in Urban Development and Planning
MSc. International Planning Course Director
Bartlett School of Planning
Central House
14 Upper Woburn Place London WC1H 0NN
+44(0)20 3108 9526

Do you have an idea for a Special Issue of Urban Geography? I am now the special issues editor for this journal!

New article in Urban Geography  'The 2012 Olympic Learning Legacy Agenda: the intentionalities of mobility for a new London model'
http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/T2H8cYQ2t8CEjBXicuuc/full