Dear colleagues

If you have interest in innovative pedagogical approaches please join us for a free dissemination event taking place at Edinburgh University on Monday 23 April (and also tomorrow, 18 April in London, due to late cancellations a few places are available).

The event ‘Learning through Listening: Creating open spaces for interdisciplinary dialogue’ will explore pedagogies of listening and one-to-one communication that enables and facilitates learning from others, this is a learner-centric approach that enhances student experience and develops useful transferable skills, valuable in personal and professional life.

Drawing on the resources and experiences of the HEFCE Catalyst funded teaching innovation project ‘Unmaking Single Perspectives: a Listening Project’ currently at Keele University, there will be an opportunity to find out more about the project and our approaches, try out some of the activities we have developed for yourself and take part in discussion aimed at sharing and developing high quality learning and teaching practice in higher education.

At Keele we have applied the approaches we have developed mainly to raising awareness of, sustainable development (as defined by the United Nations Sustainable Goals) across the disciplines but the dialogic methodology is easily transferable to other contexts.

Full details including the event programme and registration are on the project website:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/listeningproject/projectevents/disseminationevents/

For more information about this project
Read the blog: https://usplisteningproject.wordpress.com/
Follow us on Twitter: @UPSlistenproj  #keelelistening