Dear Colleagues,

apologies for cross-posting. It is my pleasure to announce, that the call for abstracts for the "Football: Politics of the Global Game" conference, which will be held at the Faculty of Political Science and International Studies of the University of Warsaw, is now open! You can find all the details on the conference website: https://football.uw.edu.pl/call-for-abstracts.html

Submissions of individual papers on the conference themes or any other area of discussion relevant to issues of the political and social role of football are all invited. Abstracts of up to 300 words for papers should be filled into application form (please find the attachement) and submitted by e-mail to: [log in to unmask]. The deadline for paper applications is July 16, 2018 - the day after the final of the FIFA World Cup 2018.

Please note that some important features of the conference have changed since the "save the date" message:
Conference fee, including ​coffee breaks, lunch, gala dinner and closing cocktail party is just EUR 100 (EUR 70 for PhD students and EUR 50 for full-time students respectively).

Two selections of papers presented at the conference will be published in the monograph prepared by the renowned publishing house and in the special issue of international peer-reviewed journal.

I hope you don't mind if I keep you updated about the further developments. If you have any questions please do not hesitate do contact me.

It would be extremely appreciated if you spread the news about the conference among all potentially interested scholars and academics.

Best regards,
Seweryn Dmowski

--
Dr Seweryn Dmowski

Wydział Nauk Politycznych i Studiów Międzynarodowych
| Uniwersytet Warszawski
Faculty of Political Science and International Studies | University of Warsaw

http://uw.academia.edu/SewerynDmowski