We have run a VBM analysis and identified GM differences between individuals with different genotypes.  We want to characterize the differences in gray matter volume within each cluster between our groups by directly comparing GM within each cluster.   To do this, we did the following:

1) Created a binary mask for each cluster

2) We multiplied the individual subjects modulated GM volume by the mask (which was binary)

3) We calculated the volume of gray matter within each cluster, and set the minimum threshold to .10 to remove low intensity/volume voxels

Is this correct?

Thank you, Bill Hopkins