That should work.  If you want volumes in litres, ml or whatever, then also
multiply by the volume of each voxel.  I'd suggest not using the resulting
volumes for any statistical analysis though - unless you are testing a
hypothesis that is orthogonal to the hypothesis used for generating the
blobs.

Best regards,
-John

--