It’s no technical term, but one that might describe some of what we’re talking about is what Erasmus calls “copiousness.”  See De Copia.

Joe

From: Sidney-Spenser Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Hannibal Hamlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 12:05 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: SIDNEY-SPENSER Digest - 18 Apr 2018 to 19 Apr 2018 - Special issue (#2018-55)

Interesting (and the Matthews is great). There is a cluster of figures that have to do with lists or scrunching things together (nouns, phrases, etc.). Herbert's "Prayer (I)" uses systrophe, which was also popular with other religious poets before and after (and with Sidney, I think). Gradatio is where each subsequent item picks up from the one before, as in the first Astrophil and Stella sonnets. And Traherne (whom I've just been teaching) seems to love what's called brachylogia (Puttenham's "the cutting comma"), as in "Eden":

Joy, pleasure, beauty, kindness, glory, love,
                     Sleep, day, life, light,
            Peace, melody, my sight,
My ears and heart did fill, and freely move.

Does correlatio have to do with a specific kind of interlocking of items?

Hannibal