Exhibition opening: Dream of the Dead, Hear from the Living

New work by Liverpool artist Jonathon Beaver will be exhibited in a show at the Domino Gallery, called Dream of the Dead, Hear from the Living, opening 9 May.

Beaver, who works with embroidery and stop motion animation, took up a three month residency at the Liverpool University Centre for Archive Studies to explore themes of family and local history, based on genealogical research conducted in archives across Merseyside.

Explaining the theme of the residency and upcoming exhibition, Jonathon said: “The residency started on the anniversary of the death of my Grandma O’Leary and the title of the exhibition is one of her superstitions. I want this work to explore the family tree and the phrases, habits and memories that disappear from history so easily”.

Exhibition opening:

Dream of the Dead, Hear from the Living

Jonathon Beaver

6pm – 9pm, Wednesday 9 May 2018

Domino Gallery

11 Upper Newington, Liverpool L1 2SR

For more information:
http://www.jonathonbeaver.com
https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/centre-for-archive-studies/
https://twitter.com/livunilucas

#dreamofthedead #GrandmaO

James Lowry
Secretary, International Council on Archives Africa Programme
9-11 Abercromby Square
University of Liverpool, L69 7WZ
Phone: +44 0151 794 9522
Twitter: @JamesLowryRAI
Now out:
 Displaced Archives

To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]