A major fire that erupted in the *mal khana* [warehouse] of the City Courts
in Karachi also engulfed the record house, destroying case properties,
valuable records and ammunition, *DawnNewsTV* reported on Wednesday.

The fire broke out late on Tuesday night. Firefighters, rescuers and law
enforcers rushed to the scene but were unable to effectively run a
firefighting operation due to blasts in the warehouse. The explosion also
caused panic among residents of surrounding areas.

http://bit.ly/2JQypO6
http://bit.ly/2JQypO6+

It took four and a half hours to douse the flames. Five firefighters
participated in the rescue work after police and Rangers cordoned the area
off. Traffic on roads leading to the court was also blocked.

The chief fire officer said at 7am that cooling process was underway. A
bomb disposal squad team has been summoned to inspect the site.

http://bit.ly/2H3cEIJ
http://bit.ly/2H3cEIJ+

--
Peterk