Sent: 12 April 2018 16:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: GDPR Chronicles ~2: retention periods: privacy notices

Hi

Anyone have a current thought on the retention period for privacy notices?

I am minded of the effect on the retention of documents such as these of the growing practice, growing out of the current abuse inquiries,  of retaining governance documentation longer than we would have previously so that we can evidence why we did what we did at a particular time.  Equally, we cannot, of course, keep everything forever.

The sharing of any thinking on this appreciated.

Meic

Meic Pierce Owen FIRMS FIIM AMIRMS

Fife Council Records Manager

GDPR is replacing the Data Protection Act 25 May 2018 click here for further information

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and should not be disclosed to any other party.

If you have received this email in error please notify your system manager and the sender of this message.

This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses but no guarantee is given that this e-mail message and any attachments are free from viruses.

Fife Council reserves the right to monitor the content of all incoming and outgoing email.

Fife Council

To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]

UCB Celltech is the UK branch of UCB Pharma S.A., a company registered in Belgium with registered offices at Allée de la Recherche 60, 1070 Brussels, Belgium, KBO/BCE nr. 0403.096.168, RPR/RPM Brussels.
UCB Celltech’s UK branch registration number is BR009137 and its UK representative office is at 208 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 3WE.

(Ref: #*CUK0308) [Ref-CUK0308]

Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies which may be in your possession. UCB screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. UCB accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail. (Ref: #*UG1107) [Ref-UG1107]