[Apologies for cross-posting; this communication is short and has no images, to avoid cuts due to content limitations. More information at our site: link]

Beyond the broad coast horizon: diversity and transversality in cultural heritage
is the general theme of the special ANIMUSIC'S 7th International Scientific Meeting for the Study of Sound and Musical Instruments (link)
Cultural heritage is deeply bound to human life in general - on this "Earth Day" (22nd April), we pay homage to the land where we live, fostering respect for our planet and the broad humanity.  Museum, acoustics, engineering, conservation, applied performance, and all subjects related to organology are strongly welcome.

30th of April: the final date for submissions is approaching, it is still possible to send proposals for lectures, recitals, concerts, workshops, other activities or participation at the Exhibition. More information may be read at the website (link).

Special events (link)
Atlantic sunset: musical moments on the beach...
Visits: to museums, castles, things...
Recitals & Concerts: fantastic musicians participating... and unique opportunities (as with the baroque trumpets from the Couches Museum collection)
Workshops: hands-on experiences...

Dates (link)
2nd July: Visits to Museums in Lisboa, including the world famous Coaches Museum, with a planned private tour and the eventual possibility to listen to the 18th-century trumpets (if we have enough natural trumpet players we could try the "Charamela Real" sound, an extraordinary opportunity to play and listen to, if possible - we have the good luck of having trumpeters participating, still we are looking for more volunteers to have the full set...) | Evening trip to Caldas da Rainha by hired bus
3rd July: Workshops | Registration at the Museu Jose Malhoa, our host this year, at the luxurious park D. Carlos, in Caldas da Rainha (west coast, one hour north of Lisbon)
4th July: Conference program | activities - visits | evening concert
5th July:  Conference program | activities - visits | evening concert
6th July:  Conference program | activities - visits | Atlantic sunset - unforgettable musical moments at the ocean front (trips by hired bus)
7th July:  Conference program | activities - visits | farewell cocktail

Registration (link
Early-bird registration fees until the 15th of May

In addition to the two plus four days of lectures, recitals, concerts, demonstrations, workshops, visits, and time reserved "on purpose" for constructive discussions, the Organological Congress includes an Exhibition of Musical Instruments (historical and recent) 'ENCONTROIM', with a special 'Brass Focus': from private collections, namely from Dr Arnold Myers.

To registered only, the Organological Congress offers:

  • The Congress' unique bag and materials

  • Equipment and technical support

  • Wireless internet

  • Coffee-breaks (nice, diversified, plenty food and drinks)

  • Smart-lunches (4)

  • Banquet-dinner

  • Farewell cocktail

  • Selected visits (including to the special event "Atlantic sunset" at the ocean front, with bus hire)

  • Reviewed publication in the book series 'Liranimus', which contains essays on Organology, or online

  • Certificate of participation (active participants) or of presence

  • Publishers, makers, restorers, and participants stalls

  • Networking opportunities and exhange of ideas

All activities are open and free, namely recitals, concerts, demonstrations, workshops (within a registration limit), visits.

Registration fee: 100€ ANIMUSIC members; 120€ discount; 140€ others (until the 15th of May)

Location - lodging (link)

Brass-Focus (link)

For more information, please visit our website (link), scrolling the right hand or top menus, or contact us at:
congressorg2018.animusic@gmail.com

Thank you for your attention and for forwarding this information.
ANIMUSIC organization