Dear All,

I would like to draw your attention to a forthcoming Faraday Discussion focussed on Ultrafast Photoinduced Energy and Charge Transfer set to take place between 8-10 April 2019 in Ventura, California. The deadline for oral abstracts is 23 July 2018, which we welcome under the following four themes:

i) Energy and charge-transfer in natural photosynthesis
ii) Photovoltaics and bio-inspired light harvesting
iii) Photo-induced electron transfer
iv) Photo-protection/photo-damage in natural systems

and the following speakers are already confirmed for the discussion:

Majed Chergui (EPFL), Gordana Dukovic (Colorado), Sharon Hammes-Schiffer (Yale), Andy Marcus (Oregon), Spiridoula Matsika (Temple), Alexandra Olaya-Castro (UCL), Tomáš Polívka (South Bohemia), Greg Scholes (Princeton), Emily Weiss (Northwestern).

More details about the themes and the venue can be found at: rsc.li/ultrafast-fd2019

Key Deadlines:
Submission of oral abstracts: 23 July 2018
Submission of accepted papers: 19 November 2018

This will be the first ever Faraday Discussion in California (indeed, the first west of Chicago) and we are keen that it be a great success! I very much hope you will feel inspired to submit an oral abstract by the 23 July deadline, and to see you in Ventura next April.

Best wishes,

Tom Oliver

On behalf of the whole Scientific Committee: Mike Ashfold (Bristol) and Steve Bradforth (USC), co-chairs: Naomi Ginsberg (UC Berkeley); Jennifer Ogilvie (Michigan); Tom Oliver (Bristol); Vas Stavros (Warwick).

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html