I believe it would be helpful to the community to have accurate lists of who has what self-service/RFID systems.

Higher Education Library Technology (HELibTech) and Local Government Library Technology (LGLibTech) are free open (CC licensed) community resources that have lists of who has what self service/RFID solution –for UK libraries. Unfortunately  this data is not up-to-date. Unlike the data on library management systems which (especially for HELibTech) is effectively the most up to date open resource for who has what system. (It is more accurate that  UCISA’s (closed) list for example).

I believe it would be helpful to have an openly available list of who has what self-service/RFID system so please review the list and add/amend the data. If you know what system another organisation uses make that change too!. Anybody can edit the data themselves –simply hit the ‘edit’ tab on the relevant page. If you want me to make the change just send me the info.

The relevant pages are:

For HE libraries: http://helibtech.com/RFID

For public libraries: https://lglibtech.wikispaces.com/Systems%20Review

The pages are arranged a little differently. The public library list is spread over a number of pages arranged A-Z by authority. The HE list is one big table.

If you have any questions or comments don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Both HE and LG LibTech also have specific pages on RFID with useful information and links.

For HE libraries: http://helibtech.com/RFID

For public libraries: https://lglibtech.wikispaces.com/RFID%20in%20Libraries

Very best

Ken