Library Juice Academy courses offered in and May, June, and July

Apologies for cross-posting. Please share as appropriate.

Most of the classes listed below are four weeks in length, with a price of $175.

We accept registrations through the first week of class (unless enrollment is full, and unless it was canceled before it started due to low enrollment).

Classes are taught asynchronously, so participants can do the work as their schedules allow.

Details on these courses are at http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/courses.php

May

Introduction to RDA
Melissa Adler

Creating an Oral History Project
Carmen Cowick

Active Learning Strategies
Mimi O'Malley

Critical Strategies for Implementing and Managing Organizational Change
Deborah Schmidle

Service Design: Towards a Holistic Assessment of Library Services
Joe J. Marquez

Agile Library Operations: Introduction to Scrum and the Agile Manifesto
Aaron Collie

Introduction to Text Encoding
John Russell

Using Intentional Planning to Choose Developmentally-Appropriate and Diverse Books for Storytime
Lynn Baker

Foundations of Early Literacy: Using Your Knowledge to Enrich Library Experiences for Young Children and Their Families
Saroj Ghoting

RDFa1.1 (RDFa and RDFa Lite) and RSS
Robert Chavez

Introduction to JSON and Structured Data
Robert Chavez

Introduction to Archives Administration and Management
Rebecka Sheffield

Translating the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy into Our Teaching Practices
Andrea Baer

June

Introduction to Design Thinking
Carli Spina

Using MarcEdit
Natalie Hall

Introducing BIBFRAME: Moving Bibliographic Data into the Future
Rebecca Guenther

Grant Proposal Development for Libraries
Grace Agnew

Evaluating Service Quality and Patron Satisfaction
Jennifer Sweeney

Business Information
Amy Jansen

An Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Lauren Hays

Growing, Developing, and Retaining Dynamic Staff
Deborah Schmidle

Early Literacy Enhanced Storytimes: Supercharging Your Storytime Using Interactivity, Intentionality, and Assessment to Help Children Learn with Joy
Saroj Ghoting

Introduction to Linked Data
Robert Chavez

JSON-LD Fundamentals
Robert Chavez

Developing a Credit-Bearing Information Literacy Course
Angela Pashia

July

User Experience Research and Design
Carli Spina

Do-It-Yourself Usability Testing
Laura-Edythe Coleman

E-Book Management for Academic Libraries
Erin Crane

Beyond the Basics: Cataloging DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and Streaming Videos
Natalie Hall

Working Faster, Working Smarter: Productivity Strategies for Librarians
Sarah Simpkin

Introduction to Digital Preservation
Natalie Baur

Easy Patron Surveys
Jennifer Sweeney

Telling Your Story: Successful Marketing Strategies for Librarians
Deborah Schmidle

Exploring STEAM Concepts Through Storytimes: Joyous Opportunities for Building Abstract Thinking in Young Children, Their Parents, and Caregivers
Saroj Ghoting

Controlled Vocabulary and Taxonomy Design
Jillian Wallis

The SPARQL Fundamentals I - The Semantic Web in Action
Robert Chavez

Backward Design for Information Literacy Instruction
Andrea Baer

Online Instructional Design and Delivery
Mimi O'Malley

Introduction to Open Educational Resources (OER)
Sarah Hare

Since offering our first classes in October of 2012, we have taught 547 classes to students in 55 countries. This includes customers from all types of colleges and universities, public libraries of all sizes, corporations, and public agencies. Our institutional customers include the United Nations, the International Atomic Energy Agency, the Office of the White House, the Max Planck Institute in Luxembourg, the US National Agriculture Library, the Canadian Agriculture Library, the Smithsonian Institution, the RAND Corporation, the Association of Research Libraries, and OCLC, as well as large groups from Stanford, Harvard, and the Library of Congress.

While academic programs focus on conceptual understanding of foundations, we focus primarily on the kinds of skills that library schools expect librarians to learn on-the-job, but which usually turn out to require additional study. These workshops earn Continuing Education Units, and are intended as professional development activities. Workshops are taught asynchronously, so you can participate as your own schedule allows.

Library Juice Academy
P.O. Box 188784
Sacramento, CA 95818
Tel. (916) 905-0291