Morning,

Has anyone been asked about the information contained in dissertations/UMPs being compliant with the new GDPR regulations?

We have been asked to remove any data contained within a dissertation that specifically states a person’s name (such as primary research data that may contain personal information – although these would have already been anonymised).

However, this has thrown up more questions than answers!  For example, Acknowledgements in the dissertation usually will contain personal names, and also will people who have previously submitted dissertations have to be contacted to ‘opt in’ for their work to be on the library shelves?

Could just be overthinking this one!  Does anyone know of any written regulations that may give answers to items held within a library?

I have all the GDPR paperwork, but nothing that answers this specific question!

Any help will be appreciated and I will share information off list if requested.

Thank you

Louise

Louise Auckland
Learning Resource Centre Manager
Learning Resource Centre
Peterborough Regional College
Park Crescent | Peterborough | PE1 4DZ
Tel: 01733 762214
www.peterborough.ac.uk

"Raising aspiration, realising potential and inspiring success"

---Peterborough-Regional-College---

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended solely for those to whom it is addressed. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any part of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, and it was obtained in error, please delete it. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the college.

The Corporation was established under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 for the purpose of conducting Peterborough Regional College. The College is an exempt charity for the purposes of the Charities Act 1993.

Registered Address: Peterborough Regional College, Park Crescent, Peterborough, PE1 4DZ

Registered in England. VAT No. 135 5511 30

---Peterborough-Regional-College---