Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. IEEE have acknowledge that they are having some intermittent issues with the platform so it may be worth checking your own access again to see if it is stable. Changing URLs to https has helped us in some cases but has not entirely resolved the issue.

Regards,

Dominic

From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Dominic Benson
Sent: 11 April 2018 13:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [lis-e-resources] Problems accessing IEEE Explore

Dominic

I note that you use Primo at Northumbria now. You may simply need to update Alma's OpenURL resolver for HTTPS starting points if Primo is not using direct linking.

If you do use EZproxy for authentication, sometimes you can force EZproxy to create a new virtual HTTPS host for IEEE Xplore temporarily (while you wait for your IEEE stanza to be updated) by using a DOI as your starting point URL. Try your EZproxy prefix plus, say, https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2016.2593869

N.B. Check also that your Crossref / DOI stanza has HTTPS hosts configured - I'm using:

T CrossRef and DOI System
# Required to enable DOI links, added mEDRA DOI resolver hosts used on the trendmd links on IOS Press db 2017-11-02
U http://dx.doi.org
H https://dx.doi.org
H https://doi.org
H http://doi.org
HJ http://crossref.org
HJ http://doi.crossref.org
HJ https://doi.crossref.org
HJ http://search.crossref.org
HJ https://search.crossref.org/
HJ http://www.crossref.org
HJ http://medra.org
HJ https://medra.org
HJ https://www.medra.org/
HJ http://www.medra.org/
DJ crossref.org
D doi.org
DJ medra.org

[dx.doi.org is deprecated in favour of https://doi.org].

Kind regards,

Dom Benson
Analytics & Discovery Officer, Library, Information Services
Brunel University London | T +44(0)1895 266143