We're looking for a new external examiner at Greenwich, for our HEA accredited Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Award in Learning and Teaching in HE, to take up the role in December 2018 (first summative marking and moderation in January 2019).  Our external would normally attend one exam board a year, in the first couple of weeks of July.

The PGCert in HE programme is online-blended and made up of three 20 credit courses – 2 at level 7 and a level 6 portfolio course where UKPSF mapping takes place (at D2). The majority of participants are our own staff at Greenwich and/or staff at international partner institutions (currently a group in Cairo), with a relatively small number of ‘external’ UK participants. The programme has been NMC accredited up to now, but this is no longer needed with the changes in NMC registration; there will be some NMC participants so NMC registration/teaching experience may be relevant but is not essential for the role.

The PGCertHE ‘Teaching, learning and assessing’ course is shared with our Award in Learning and Teaching in HE which is essentially the ‘first half’ of the PGCert in HE, and which also includes a non-credit rated portfolio course with mapping for D1. Our external examiner moderates a small sample of these portfolios.

Ideally candidates will have previous external examiner experience though this is not essential; they will have played a leadership role in similar schemes within their own institutions; they must also have attained at least SFHEA.
Marking and moderation involves accessing and examining work in a range of online environments (e.g. grademark/turnitin, googledocs) so being comfortable working in this way would be an advantage.

If you're interested, please submit CVs and a covering letter detailing your relevant academic experience to [log in to unmask] If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

We would appreciate it if you would pass this on to any other contacts who may be interested.

We look forward to hearing from you.