We should be grateful if you could bring the following position to the attention of colleagues and former students:

British School at Rome

Assistant Director for the Humanities and Social Sciences

The British School at Rome (BSR), the largest of the British International Research Institutes, is seeking to appoint an Assistant Director for the Humanities and Social Sciences, to play a vital role in the delivery of the BSR’s Research Strategy and Strategic Plan (along with Assistant Directors for Archaeology and Archaeological Science and for Art, Architecture and the Creative Industries, for which applications are also being invited currently). Applicants must hold a doctorate, and must have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the UK’s Higher Education and research environment and/or galleries, libraries, archives and museums sector.

Founded in 1901, the BSR is a residential research centre, supporting British and Commonwealth scholars, architects and artists. The BSR’s Research Strategy is informed by our assessment of the contribution we make, and the value we can add, to the UK government’s strategic priorities in research and the creative sector. As an institution that has always combined research and practice, in a vibrant, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary community, we are ideally placed to deliver on the UK’s strategic priorities in research and innovation through our support for and mentoring of the most talented scholars of the art, history and culture of the Mediterranean from prehistory to the present day, and of contemporary architects, artists and curators. Our aim is to act as a catalyst for academic research and creative practice through engagement with Mediterranean, Italian and Rome-based international agencies to enhance connectivity, partnership and collaboration for UK and Commonwealth researchers and creative artists.

Key responsibilities for the post of Assistant Director include:

The post-holder will be provided with a self-catering one-bedroom flat at the BSR, and all residential living costs will be covered; plus a salary of £20,000 per annum and a research grant of £1,500 per annum.

For further particulars and details of how to apply, see:

http://www.bsr.ac.uk/about/staff-and-fellows/vacancies

Closing date for applications:  5.00 p.m. BST Monday 21 May

Dr Gill Clark  |  Registrar
British School at Rome, 10 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AH, UK
T +44 (0)20 7969 5202  |  E  [log in to unmask]

Website | Facebook | Instagram Twitter | WordPress | YouTube

The British School at Rome is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 314176)

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain legally privileged information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately of the error in transmission.

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies