Dear Geodesy Colleagues,

I would like to strongly encourage you to nominate colleagues from the AGU Geodesy Section for our Section awards – the deadline for applications this year is 15 April.

In particular, we seek nominations for the following section awards:

  1. The Geodesy Section Award, which is given annually to an early or mid-career honoree in recognition of major advances in geodesy.
  2. The Ivan I. Mueller Award for Distinguished Service and Leadership, which is given annually to one honoree in recognition of major achievements in service and/or leadership to the geodesy community.
  3. The Paul G. Silver Award, which is given annually to a scientist in recognition of outstanding contributions to the fields of geodesy, seismology, or tectonophysics through mentoring of junior colleagues, leadership of community research initiatives, or other forms of unselfish collaboration in research.

In addition, we seek nominations for the William Bowie Lecture, the premier scientific activity of the Geodesy section held during the AGU Fall Meeting, which is given in recognition of outstanding contributions to fundamentals geophysics and unselfish cooperation in research.

Details of the section awards and the Bowie Lecture are available here:

https://honors.agu.org/section-and-focus-group-awards/geodesy/

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or would like advice in how to prepare a nomination.

Best wishes

Tim Wright, on behalf of AGU Geodesy Section Nomination Committee

Susan Owen, President of AGU Geodesy Section